I have a confession. I’ve never made stuffed peppers before. However, for a first-time effort, these turned out REALLY good! I was out of ground beef so I used chicken. In my opinion, they’re even better than traditional stuffed peppers.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 bell peppers
- 1/2 cup corn (you can omit this if sticking low-carb)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F). Start by boiling chicken breast for about 20 minutes or until done, and then shredding it.
- Mix chicken, corn, onion, cumin, garlic, oil, and vinegar in a bowl.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise and scrape out seeds.
- Fill pepper halves with chicken filling.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until peppers are soft.
- Top with fresh, chopped cilantro to garnish.