It may be flat-out sacrilege to deep fry an avocado. However, that’s exactly what I’ve done, and I have to say that I’m so happy that I did so. I took a very healthy food and put an unhealthy spin on it.
I would be more upset about this, except for the fact that these are SO delicious. They’re definitely one of my new favorite foods.
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- Salt to taste
- Canola oil to fry
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Mix corn starch, garlic, onion, and salt in a bowl.
- Coat avocado strips in corn starch mixture
- Fry avocado for about 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on paper towel, and serve immediately