Wow, that title is a mouthful to type! But this recipe is a mouthful of comfort food deliciousness. I love slow cooker recipes more than any other genre of recipes simply for the fact that very little work is involved.
I made this recipe and portioned out enough for me to eat for a couple days, and then I let my husband add his “extras” that he likes that are against my diet, such as black beans and chili beans. This recipe tastes great with the beans added as well, so it’s very versatile and can be enjoyed by the whole family!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 14 oz cans tomato sauce
- 3 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 2 Tablespoons cumin
- 2 Tablespoons cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cilantro (optional)
- Brown the beef in a skillet and drain.
- Put the beef, sweet potatoes, vegetable stock tomato sauce, garlic, paprika, cumin, and cayenne in the crock pot and stir it all together, then set on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Stir the chili once again, and if you prefer and smoother chili (like me) you can mash the potatoes with a potato masher while the mixture is in the crock pot.
- Add your salt and pepper to taste, and put in fresh cilantro before serving if you choose.