This morning I had a hankering for fried chicken. But I wanted boneless chicken, and it had to be BBQ flavor. Now normally I keep a bag of frozen boneless wings in the freezer that can be baked whenever. But for whatever reason when I went grocery shopping last time I forgot to buy them.
So that led me here. Now I will admit, I make some pretty damn good fried chicken. This recipe is simple and doesn’t have seasonings like salt or garlic in the breading because I smother it all in BBQ sauce at the end.
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 cups of BBQ sauce
- Vegetable oil to fry in
1) Pour oil into a medium pot until it’s about 4 inches deep. Heat over medium high heat.
2) Coat pieces of chicken by first coating in flour, then in the egg, then back in the flour.
4) Fry each batch for 10 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon and leave on top of a wire rack to let excess oil drip off.
6) Serve as is or with dipping sauces of your choice.
Notes: You could also use buffalo sauce or another sauce of your choice. I just happened to have BBQ, so that’s what I used.